Windwood Farm Home for Children, Inc does not discriminate in the selection of staff or its clientele. We remain in compliance with the following:
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 that prohibits any discrimination due to race, color or national origin (45 CFR part 80) • Title V, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, 29 U.S.C. 794 that prohibits discrimination on the basis of handicap (45 CFR part 84) • The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 that prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability (28 CFR parts 35 & 36) • The Age Discrimination Act of 1975 that prohibits discrimination on the basis of age (45 CFR parts 90 and 91)
- We will strive to protect children in our care from abuse and maltreatment, experimentation, economic exploitation, malnutrition, and unsafe environments.
- We will strive to utilize our professional skills toward helping each child obtain the permanence of a family life.
- We will strive to obtain or provide the best therapeutic care available for children who are physically or mentally ill.
- We will strive to provide every opportunity for children to learn and develop whatever talents they may possess.
- We will accord children in our care full respect as individuals; the full rights guaranteed all citizens of the United States, while teaching them to respect the rights of others.
- We will respect the uniqueness of each child’s personality, race, culture, and religion while attempting to instill a sense of self-worth, individuality, and the responsibilities as well as the privileges of citizenship.
- We will serve only those children and families for whom our service is appropriate. We will involve each child and family to the fullest extent possible in planning for and implementing services.
- We will strive to enhance the knowledge, competencies, and compassion of adults in our employ.
- We will advocate for children to improve social conditions and develop resources beneficial to children and to the strengthening of American family life.
- We will review our services regularly for relevance and effectiveness and will strive to provide appropriate child care services to each child and family.
- We will represent our services, fiscal affairs, and intentions honestly and openly.