Wando River: An Enhanced Group Home
This program offers direct care, mentoring, and emotional support in a structured homelike setting. Licensed by DSS for up to 12 boys, Wando River Group Home offers therapeutic interventions, medication management, education, and character-building experiences. All boys in the Group Home have experienced prior abuse and neglect and are in custody of SCDSS.
While healing from their past trauma with guidance from our therapy team, the boys in the Group Home learn to respect themselves and others and to accept responsibility for the behaviors they display and the choices they make. They work on age-appropriate social and communication skills, conflict resolution, anger management, and learn to extinguish the disruptive behavior patterns that prevent them from leading successful lives.
- 24-hour direct care, mentoring, and supervision
- Nurse management of medical and dental care
- Instruction for mastery of Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) and Independent Living Skills (ISL)
- Rehabilitative Behavioral Health Services: Individual, group, and family therapy, Behavior Modification (BMod) Psychosocial Rehabilitative Services, Medication Management
- Individualized education to meet each child’s needs; children attend classes at our on-campus Charleston County school
- Our Activities Coordinator utilizes recreation and leisure activities as a way to develop healthy coping skills and to promote self-regulation, communication skills, leadership, and team building.
- Leisure activities to promote the development of hobbies and positive coping skills, such as bike riding, fishing, sports games, nature walks, horticulture, and beekeeping
- Exposure to spiritual and community activities
- Ongoing transition and discharge planning
Meet Our Team
Jaquay Washington, MA, LPCS
Ashlei Robinson, MA, LPC
Assistant Clinical Director
Brenda Middleton, MA
Deborah D. McKelvey, MA