South Carolina Foster Care Review Board Releases Annual Report
The Foster Care Review Board provides a snapshot of foster care in South Carolina. The data included in the latest annual report represented children reported by the S.C. Department of Social Services who remain in foster care at least four consecutive months and are reviewed by the S.C. Foster Care Review Board. Of note in 2013:
- 2,988 children entered foster care.
- 5,876 cases were reviewed.
- 539 finalized adoptions.
Of cases reviewed by local review boards:
- 44 percent recommended termination of parental rights.
- 34 percent recommended reunification.
- 17 percent recommended adoption.
The report also details the impact of S.C. Heart Gallery and breaks down outcomes by county.
Visit Website to Learn More